Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Must See - Olive Orchard



Recently, my husband and I decided to visit Sandy Oaks Olive Orchard in Elmendorf, TX for our anniversary.  It was a wonderful experience.  Sandy Oaks is one of the first commercial olive orchards in Texas and they actually produce and bottle their own oil on site.  We went to the orchard on Saturday morning for the free tour.  I learned so much interesting information on olives and was amazed by the press.  If you are confused when you go to the store to buy olive oil...go on this tour and gain knowledge. You will be a olive oil pro!   After the tour, we had a wonderful lunch of basil pesto chicken and fresh grilled vegetables.  I am still wanting seconds!!  We finished our meal with a pecan pie that was out of this world.  Thank you for a wonderful time and such warm, loving hospitality.  

I will be back!




The olive orchard

Wonderful lunch!

Awesome products








No comments:

Post a Comment